Sunday, May 1, 2011

Conversations with a Rook

So tonight I had an interesting conversation with Katie, my queenside rook, while I was at the Royal Key. She is about 2 and a half hours north of me, so it was via text.

Me: Ironically last night after you told me not to hit on 18 year olds, the band started playing "Your Love" then when I hit the bar I walked in on that same song. As in "you know I like my girls a little bit older, I don't want to lose yout love tnight" a song about spending the night with a girl who is too young ;)

Katie: lol, that's funny

Me: My life is blessed with such ironies.

They just played that bloody song again!

Katie: It's your theme song I suppose

Me: Sure. Could be. but me and a younger woman? Never

Katie: Your sense of humor always makes me giggle

Me: Lol, oh come now! The last gir I was hitting on was 18!

Oh wait, how old am I again?

Katie: Not 18.

My life is just hillarious. These ironies do tend to follow me around and I swear that my life reads like a novel. This was comical because I do tend to date younger women, in fact the only woman I had ever dated, before I was married, that was older than me became my wife. And that worked out so well that I tend to avoid older women. although in the past couple years I have gone out with women much older than myself.

And while I was hitting on a woman that was 18 recently (the photographer) the last woman that I was deeply interested in was the youngest I have ever dated, twenty-one. Still plenty young for me, at thirty.

And the song is about him cheating on "Josie" with a young woman. It may very well be my theme song.

No comments:

Post a Comment