Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back again, black again

Over the past couple of days I have been finding myself wandering back to the Royal Key Bar. I guess I just wasn't ready to give it up as Black Territory.

Two days ago I set out for Rack'Em for the Friday Night Rocks show and never made it. I went to the Key with the intent of heading over to Rack'Em "in a little bit" and ended up staying the entire night.

Let's face it, I know myself well enough to know that I have a weakness for a beautiful woman, and the bartender was captivating as always. But it wasn't just that, I just like the place.

So the next day, yesterday, I set out for Rack'Em again, for their "Craqzy Night of Punk." I arrived early, so I headed to the Key again. Had a drink, chatted for a bit, then headed over to Rack'Em. What I caught of the show was great, the band Ghost Dog Ela was excellent. After two of the three scheduled bands I went back to the Key though.

Saw people I knew, chatted with the bartenders, and enjoyed the band playing there, Uncle Fester.

It seems that the Key is back to black. Nice to regain my territory. I am planning on hitting a new bar tomorrow, maybe this will be better than when I tried to hit Hustler's. I am always up for gaining ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment