Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pawn saves the King

About a week ago something wild happened.

There was a stabbing in Black Territory. Some guy was talking to the wrong girl and an ex boyfriend of hers decided to take his jealousy out on him with a knife.

I was present at the time. And I am totally the type that would have been talking to a random woman. The only reason I wasn't right there where I would have potentially been the one talking to this woman is that there was someone else present within Black Territory that I was more interested in talking to.

She is a pawn that I placed a few weeks ago when I ran into the White Queen. I knew she was going to be present that night so I intentionally went to be able to hang out with her. Developing this friendship seemed like a good idea, especially if I was placing her on my board.

Because I spent the night hanging out with her I did not spend the night talking to random people. I did not talk to THAT random woman. I therefore was not even in the room when the act of violence occured.

While it is presumptious to say that I avoided injury only because I was spending time with a pawn, when I look at the realm of other possibilities that night I can clearly see the night having gone much worse for me.

So, correctly or not, I do thank this pawn for keeping me out of trouble. Among the many things I thank this pawn for, she's a sweet and wonderful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment