Friday, April 15, 2011

J'adoube

The translation of this particular chess term is common enough that I am going to not translate it for you. If you don't know it and are that curious, a simple Google search will give you the answer. I don't think I have ever seen this term without a translation immediately following it.

This weekend is going to be a busy one. So much so that I decided to not go to the show at Rack'Em tonight in favour of getting to bed before midnight (I have ten minutes!).

So with this preoccupation on the commotion around me, it may be a good time to J'adoube. What life doesn't need this once in a while? Socrates said that the "unexamined life is not worth living."

My life though reads like a novel. Right down to the dramatic irony thing. I will say something and in a day or two something will happen to underscore or prove my point. It has always been this way.

Remind me to release happy thoughts into the air from now on.

I will win the lottery. I will win the lottery.

At any rate, as I go to bed at this terribly early hour my thoughts are focused on J'adoube. I am well overdue to make adjustments to my life.

And I need more Black Territory. It's time to push to the center board and the midgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment