Saturday, April 9, 2011

Placing pawns

Today three pawns seem to have advanced into center board. No En Passant yet either, although I can see it as a possiblity with one.

Before I even go into detail I will admit that I was hastey placing these on my board. I'm not desperate for pieces, but, well, I like to see things develop. Which pieces make it to the 8th rank and become transfigured? Thanks to the wonder of modern technology, all three pawns progressed today via Facebook.

The one that is threatened places me in an interesting tactical position. I could lose the entire board because of this pawn and the position it took. But it is my job too to see to this pieces development. It's a fine line to play, and if it makes it across board it will be worth it. This pawn lept forward today by engaging me in a battle of wits and words, layered with double meaning. The pawn was clever and brought me to laughing on more than a single occassion.

The second pawn is a lot like me. Scarily so in fact. As the pawn develops the board it will be interestng to see the path it takes. I'm committed to it's success, and it, well, it is committed to the success of the threatened pawn.

The third pawn is quickly developing the board. Someone that I didn't know, but probably should have. Having met this late in the game there is an unexplainable connection and growing friendship. It's nice to see this piece progressing.

So I placed three new pawns on the board today. A decision made recklessly, we shall now see if it is disasterous.

Tomorrow I enter deep black territory for what should be a fun night. I don't know if any black players will be there, but I haven't been there in almost 2 weeks, it will be enjoyable to be in my territory again.

No comments:

Post a Comment