Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pawns, demons, coffee, pizza, and a banquet

Today I gathered together some of the students from two different schools and met with them at Dunkin Donuts (black territory) and then for pizza.

It's always an enjoyable evening with the students, but they can get a little out of hand at times. They are going to end up getting me kicked out of Dunkin, I can't afford to lose more territory!

There were at least two pawns present, perhaps up to four. My pawns are getting younger. But in chess, as in life, the game must go on! How can anyone predict who will become a major player in the years to come? I can make guesses and hope, but there is no certainty.

On a totally unrelated note, Deneth, the demon that lives in my laptop, gave me back my novel today. So I can continue working on it. This is a happy day indeed.

Tomorrow one of the schools is having a banquet. As of this moment I am planning on attending, although I am still working out some of the logistics. The sponser of that school is young and pretty Spanish teacher, I'll make every effort to attend! But don't be fooled, I would be more than pleased if a certain photographer were my companion tommorrow night.

Pawns, pawns, pawns. Cross the board!

No comments:

Post a Comment