Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reclaiming Black Teritory

Tonight the game plan was to go to Rack'Em, enjoy a fun night listening to a rock band, and survey firm black territory. But like I said last night, some things just don't go according to plan.

First off, I really, really hesitated going anywhere. I was tired and dreaded the idea of a five mile walk to Rack'Em. But I remembered that it was always the nights that I just didn't feel like going but went anyway that I always have the greatest times. So I dragged my lazy butt out of my bedroom and went to Rack'Em.

When I got there it was... disappointing. The band was a cover band, but they were alright. The place billed as Cape Coral's party destination for 4:20, but there were maybe 15 people there, and the band was outside.

I like a fun loving, rocking crowd and I like the band loud and wild inside. I was very at a loss. So, I ordered a beer and sat down to drink it. While there I ran into a few people I knew, but there was simply no excitement, so I went to The Royal Key Bar.

I had been lying low since the events I recorded on this blog last week. I was happy to learn that the bar manager was not there, and that the bar tender from that post had actually worked there today.

The bartender working tonight is someone that I had only ever met once before, and it was very pleasant getting a chance to speak with her tonight. I salvaged what would have been a disappointing night by spending my time at the Royal Key and getting to know that bartender.

Maybe there is some hope in salvaging this black territory. The bar manager is obviously at this time a white piece, a white bishop I am guessing, but he is in black territory after all.

In the end, I had a great night and I am glad I went out. I have committed to going back Friday, and buying the bartender dinner. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment