Sunday, April 17, 2011

White Territory Grows

So, yesterday night, after the wedding and all had quieted down I decided that I was bored and wanted something to do. There was a Metal Show down at Rack'Em that I should have gone to-- never hurts to check in on Black Territory-- but I chose to stay closer to this side of town.

I had been meaning to check out Hustler's for some time and several people had suggested it to me. So I decided to give it a shot.

Hustler's was not the place for me.

For starters, I enjoy the live music at Rack'Em. Hustler's has no live music. Which is actually great, because the music that Hustler's did have was of the hip hop variety. I skipped out on a metal show to listen to hip hop? God love me, I shoulda just shot myself.

And I have never seen so many people working at the bar. I swear, half the women I saw running around that night were waitresses. My experience with bar waitresses has been generally positive, but these were... not nearly as friendly, outgoing, and well... fun... as most of the waitresses I have had the good pleasure of getting to know.

I think Sarah was right, it's a different kind of scene when you are enjoying not only drinks but music. You sweat and bleed with those people, there is a deeper connection. Not at all like what I experienced last night.

So, the White Team can keep Hustler's. I won't be going back anytime soon. With the Royal Key becoming contested territory at least I still have Rack'Em.

And Dunkin' Donuts. That place is solidly my domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment