Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sometimes it just feels like Zugzwang

It's not really zugzwang, where any possible move will put me in a worse position. But sometimes it seems that everything I attempt just makes things more interesting.

I was planning on attending the banquet today. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men and all. I checked my bank account about an hour before I was to leave and found that all my money had vanished.

No, it was not an accounting error. It was a mix up with the bank. I ended up having to skip the banquet as I attempted to get the whole thing straightened out. Luckily the money should be back into my account tomorrow morning. Should be.

Sometimes it just feels like Zugzwang, everything I do puts me in a worse position.

My plans for tomorrow include a rock and metal show at Rack'Em. Visiting a little black territory. But if I can't touch the money in my account still... well, I do happen to have a few dollars in cash, but it will be a night of light drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment